A few days ago, I was drooling over Laura’s recipes (she has Mexican chili spice black bean brownie recipe that I can’t wait to try!) when I found this foodie-inspired quiz. How fun!
1. Favorite cereal as a child?
Cocoa Pebbles, although my parents would only let me have them once a year! I loved how they they turned the milk chocolate flavored. Do Cocoa Pebbles still exist? I haven’t seen them in Canada since the 90s. Or maybe because I rarely venture down the cereal aisle.
2. Coffee or Tea? With milk or without?
Coffee, with half & half. It’s my morning ritual. I drink one cup in the early morning hours. If I have caffeine past 9am I probably won’t sleep for a week. I enjoy herbal teas later on in the day, too. ‘Mothers Little Helper’ tea by DAVIDsTEA is one of my favorite brews to unwind with. It contains valerian root, aka. natures valium. Evening yoga + valium tea= best sleep of my life.
3. The one food you eat most often at breakfast?
Eggs. I eat at least two a day; they are my favorite superfood. Is there anything better than a runny yolk?
1. Sandwiches are generally considered a “lunch food.” If you had to choose between a grilled cheese and a peanut butter and jelly, which would you pick?
Grilled cheese, with tomato soup. Or, my favorite ‘grown up grilled cheese’ combo: creamy goat cheese, thinly sliced pear and sage. Mmmm.
2. You can only put four ingredients in your salad (not including greens); what do you throw in the mix? Additionally, which greens and dressing do you pick?
I’ve been eating this combo lately: soft goat cheese, diced apple, walnuts & avocado. With mixed baby greens, dried sage & aged balsamic vinegar. I love sweet and savory salads.
3. One food you can’t live without at lunch?
Veggies! My lunches are usually based around vegetables – either leftovers from the previous night, or a massive salad.
1. It’s the end of the day. You’re tired, hungry, and your fridge is empty. If fast food (from a chain) is your only option, where do you go and what do you order?
Starbucks. I’d get a protein bistro box containing a hard boiled egg, grapes, cheese, etc. They really need to start including a mini bottle of wine with those!
2. TV/computer on or off while you’re eating?
Computer, on. I like to read while I’m eating.
3. The one food you eat most often at dinner?
Lately it’s been squash. My kitchen is overflowing with butternut, spaghetti and kabocha. I’ve been making a lot of chili, soup and stew. Side note: What’s your favorite squash? I love buttercup and butternut!
1. Choose between these two American desserts: cheesecake or apple pie?
Cheesecake, as long as it’s fruity cheesecake and not chocolate. My tastebuds dislike chocolate cheesecakes. Bleh.
2. Choose between these two foreign desserts: tiramisu (Italy) or flan (Spain)?
Tiramisu… from Paolo’s Bistro in Pahoa, HI. I would plan a trip *just* to eat there again.
3. Ice cream: cone or cup?
Cone! Although… I can’t remember the last time I had one. I need to change that, immediately.
What was your favorite childhood cereal?
Grilled Cheese or PB&J?
What are your top four salad ingredients?