You are worthy, you belong here and the world needs your light. By embracing and being your authentic self, you demonstrate acceptance and teach others others to do the same.
New Years resolutions have always been a funny thing to me. I’ve never been one to delay self-improvement or add another element of delight to my life. I’m very much a ‘get shit done and handle it right now’ kind of girl. To me, it’s like waiting to take out the trash when it’s already overflowing while piling more and more garbage on top. We spend so much time overthinking and agonizing over what to do and when, or waiting to give ourselves permission to change. Even worse, we seek other people’s approval that our goals and dreams are valid and worthy.
But I get it. A new year feels like an opportunity to wipe the slate clean and bring forth a brand new, inspired and improved you. Whatever your goals may be, if you find yourself disappointed by lack of follow through, or you’re tired of giving up on yourself before you’ve started, let’s talk about what’s really going on. What’s that all about? Maybe you have an idea of what you’d like, but you’re feeling stuck on ‘how to make it happen’.
I invite you to entertain the following three concepts while creating your 2018 goals.
1. Fuck what everyone thinks…. (for now). When new ides are young and shaky, don’t share them! Most people will start tossing a ton of questions that you’re likely not prepared to answer and it may scare you from trying. Hold steady in your vision, play with your ideas, journal about them and when you’ve DECIDED, then start telling people. Don’t forget to take your ‘fuck ya’ll’ attitude with you. 😉
When it comes to your life, most people’s opinions about how you live are irrelevant. They’re not YOU, you’re not THEM, and the sooner we accept that, the easier it becomes to navigate this crazy world. Adopting an ‘I don’t give a fuck, I’m doing what I want because I like it this way’ attitude is crucial to your success. Instead of worrying about external opinions, you have to care more about how you feel and be less concerned with what’s going on in the peanut gallery. It doesn’t mean closing yourself off to guidance, support and love, but rather, mindfully choosing who you share yourself with. At this point in time, there is one person who I share the inner workings of my mind and heart with. ONE! It’s not that I think they’re special or more deserving than anyone else, but rather, we recognize we’re in alignment with each other. I don’t talk about my aspirations and dreams with my ‘glass half empty’ friends because it’s not my job to convince them to be more like me, or make them think and live exactly how I do, or hope they’ll understand me completely. I GET ME, and that’s all that matters.
Doesn’t it feel great to declare, ‘Screw it, I’m going to be me, and the world can adjust accordingly”? It’s so freeing. Another added bonus is it creates space for people who are just as authentically unapologetic about Who They Really Are to show up and celebrate life with you. Fuck yes.
2. Why do you want it? I’m probably starting to sound like a broken record, but remember: the reason why we want anything is because we think we’ll feel happier once we have it. If you’re currently in a space of not liking where you are and wanting to be somewhere else, remember: life is presenting you with the incredible gift of CONTRAST and PREFERENCE. To know what you want, first, you have to understand what you don’t want. And how do we determine that? Through life experience. Contrast sparks new desires and the amazing opportunity to CHOOSE AGAIN. That’s all that is, sweet thing. So don’t beat yourself up over being in a situation that isn’t serving you anymore. You’ve been presented with priceless knowledge to make better decisions moving forward. Do you feel the lightness in that?
3. You’re here to create and you’re never going to be entirely satisfied. Life is an endless marathon with no finish line. It’s not so much the creation we’re craving, but the creating. That’s what our souls or inner Beings are SO excited about. You already know this, you wise being, you. When is the last time you achieved a goal? Did you immediately wave the white flag and declare your life complete? No. You wondered, “What next?!” We repeat the process over and over again.
You’re never going to get it all done… and that’s OKAY. As long as you’re following your curiosity, opening yourself to possibility with a willingness to keep moving forward – you’re doing exceptionally well. That’s what happiness is. Following your bliss, not giving a fuck, and not trying to figure out all of the answers before you’ve done the work. The sense of peace we’re all striving for is being okay despite the contrasts, the ups, downs and impermanence of everything.
2018 is going to be a radically transformative year for me. It’s already happening and I can’t wait to take you along on the journey. Here’s what’s going on in my world.
Living Mint Green is switching things up a bit. My Instagram DM’s and emails are overflowing with hungry souls looking to connect and make sense of this wild journey together. We all desire lives filled with passion and purpose, great love, increased financial flow, cultivating the courage to take professional leaps of faith, deepening our intuition and learning to trust ourselves. I *so* wish I could write daily one size fits all posts about the topics and questions we’re thirsty for, and that would be enough, but it isn’t.
Each person is unique, we’re all at different life stages and levels of understanding, therefore it’s my delight to create the opportunity for personalized guidance to everyone I’m connecting with.
After spending the majority of 2017 leading running groups, connecting with hearts + soul sessions in the mountains, I knew I needed to be of service to people on their journeys in a deeper, more meaningful way. In addition to LMG’s current blog and Instagram format, I’m taking things up a level by extending one on one lifestyle coaching services.
human + being provides personalized Skype and/or phone call sessions aimed at merging our incredibly flawed human-ness with the perfection of Who We Really Are. In a fast paced modern world where busy-ness, hustle and chronic stress are valued, there is a better, more powerful way to rapidly shift and accelerate our lives into their fullest, joyous, unlimited expression.
Being more + doing less = radical self transformation.
(If you’re in the Calgary/Rocky Mountain area, I’d love to connect in person, too!)
What’s holding you back from living the life you truly desire? If you’re tired of feeling as though life is ‘happening’ to you and want to become a powerful creator of your reality, human + being is for you. By aligning your passions and values to discover your life purpose, expect to develop the confidence to:
- Enjoy more ease, flow and less stress in your day to day
- Find your perfect partner and strengthen existing relationships
- Tune into what you want and learn how to “make” it happen – minus the struggle and hardship
- Land your dream job, earn more money or start your own business
- Make peace with your body and understand what health + wellness truly feels like
- Take back control of your life and to stop letting fear run the show
- Be your own guru + inspire others to do the same
+ so, so, SO much more!
What are you excited to create in 2018?
Thoughts on New Years resolutions?